Decision coming on the fate of Nitty Gritty Soul Cafe
Winston-Salem Council Member James Taylor will announce the fate of Nitty Gritty Soul Cafe tomorrow, the site of a fatal shooting two weeks ago, according to the Winston-Salem Journal.
Brian Allison, co-founder of Coalition for a Health South Winston-Salem, said in an email message to the Journal that the city would place Nitty Gritty on probation for a year and that the restaurant would agree to not operate as a nightclub. The restaurant would also have to hire security.
Taylor declined to comment on tomorrow’s announcement, but said that Allison misconstrued a conversation the two had on Thursday.
Read more at the Winston-Salem Journal
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault