Police: Vehicles targeted in Winston-Salem break-ins
A car window damaged in Winston-Salem earlier this month. (WGHP)
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Police say numerous vehicle break-ins were reported late Monday evening and early Tuesday morning in east Winston-Salem.
According to police, the break-ins were reported in residential areas on Fiddler’s Way Court, Oak Tree Drive, Meredith Drive, Meredith Way and Marla Court.
Police say the break-ins likely occurred overnight between the late-evening and early-morning hours.
Whoever is responsible appeared to be targeted unlocked vehicles, police said.
“The Winston-Salem Police Department strongly encourages residents in all areas of the city to always lock their vehicles and to report any suspicious persons or activities to the Winston-Salem Police Department at the non-emergency phone number, (336)773-7700,” police said in a news release.
No other details were available.
Anyone with further information about the break-ins is asked to call Crimestoppers at 727-2800.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave