NC man accused of showing nude photos to women at Target, Lowe’s Foods
Marcus Carter (Mugshot courtesy, WSOC)
GASTONIA, N.C. — A convicted sex offender has been arrested after being accused of showing nude photographs of himself to women inside two stores in Gastonia.
Police tell WSOC that Marcus Carter approached the women on Friday at the Target and Lowe’s Foods stores on Cox Road.
A 911 caller who reported the Target incident said the suspect “was harassing me pretty bad — telling me to pull my pants down, showing me pictures… like trying to get really close to me,” WSOC reports. The caller said she tried to look away, but the suspect was “putting them in (her) face.”
Before police arrived, Carter allegedly went across the parking lot to the Lowe’s Foods where he approached another woman.
During a court appearance on Monday, WSOC reports Carter told a judge the cell phone he allegedly used to display the lewd pictures wasn’t powered on.
WSOC reports Carter was convicted of second-degree sex offense and “several” counts of assault on a female in 1995. He was convicted of indecent liberties with a minor in 2004, the station reports.
The suspect remained in jail Monday under a $25,000 bond.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home