Man injured in house fire in Greensboro
GREENSBORO, N.C. — Police say a man was taken to the hospital early Tuesday after a house caught fire in Greensboro.
The fire was reported just after midnight at 1011 Logan St. Police said the flames were extinguished within about 30 minutes of the blaze being reported.
Clarence Hunter with the Greensboro Fire Department says 57-year-old Michael Taylor second-degree burns over 20 to 30 percent of his body.
Taylor was taken to the burn center at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center for treatment.
Hunter says the fire was caused by combustibles that were located too close to an electric heater.
No other details were available.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child