Guilford County Schools safety preparedness
GREENSBORO, N.C. — Guilford County Schools safety administrator Greggory Slate updated the school board’s safety committee Monday on the district’s disaster preparedness.
Slate said its a complicated topic.
“It’s not just students and teachers you’re dealing with. It’s first responders and firefighters and law enforcement all coming together to work together,” Slate said.
The first week in March is Severe Weather Awareness Week in North Carolina.
There will be a statewide tornado drill Wednesday, March 6th.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants