Former NC teacher accused of stealing field trip money
Mugshot courtesy, WTVD
KINSTON, N.C. — A former North Carolina teacher has been accused of stealing funds that were intended for a school field trip.
WTVD reports 32-year-old Amanda Ann Grady, who was a teacher at Kinston High School, is accused of taking $1,450.
Lenoir County Schools officials reported the allegations to police on Jan. 30, WTVD reports.
Grady is charged with obtaining property by false pretense.
She was jailed under a $10,000 bond.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault