Science Olympiad is set Saturday at Wake Forest
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Students from across the region will compete for bragging rights and best bottle rocket, among other things, Saturday in a Science Olympiad at Atkins High School.
Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools has paired with Wake Forest University to host nine high school and eight middle school teams from Alleghany, Davidson, Davie, Forsyth, Stokes, Surry, Wilkes and Yadkin counties.
Teams, with up to 15 students each, will compete in 46 different science-related events during the day-long event scheduled March 2. Activities include building bottle rockets, attempting to solve a crime using forensic science and designing a glider.
The event will be held from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. The top middle- and high-school teams will advance to the state competition.
Read more: The Winston-Salem Journal.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- Kids react to a Walkman, make everyone feel old