Science Olympiad is set Saturday at Wake Forest
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Students from across the region will compete for bragging rights and best bottle rocket, among other things, Saturday in a Science Olympiad at Atkins High School.
Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools has paired with Wake Forest University to host nine high school and eight middle school teams from Alleghany, Davidson, Davie, Forsyth, Stokes, Surry, Wilkes and Yadkin counties.
Teams, with up to 15 students each, will compete in 46 different science-related events during the day-long event scheduled March 2. Activities include building bottle rockets, attempting to solve a crime using forensic science and designing a glider.
The event will be held from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. The top middle- and high-school teams will advance to the state competition.
Read more: The Winston-Salem Journal.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants