Report: NC has the fewest unionized workers nationwide
North Carolina has the lowest percentage of unionized workers in the U.S., The Business Journal reports.
In 2012, unionized workers comprised only 2.9 percent of the state’s total employment, or 111,482 workers, according to thereport.
The number shows a 1.3 percent decrease over the past decade.
The second least unionized state was Arkansas with 3.2 percent, followed by South Carolina at 3.3 percent and Mississippi at 4.3 percent.
Read more at The Business Journal
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave