Leaders support Panthers’ request
The Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte
Charlotte business leader continue to support the Carolina Panther’s and the team’s request for local and state aid to upgrade Bank of America Stadium, the Charlotte Observer reports.
The Panther’s are seeking $144 million from the city and $62 million from the state for upgrades to the stadium that could cost upward of $250 million.
Officials are asking lawmakers to approve a 1 percent hike in Charlotte’s prepared food tax in exchange for Panther’s agreeing to stay in the city for 15 years.
Read more at The Charlotte Observer
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- Randolph Co. middle school employee accused of sending obscene images to teenage girl
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k