Act of sportsmanship gives Texas high schooler a shot at glory [Video]
EL PASO, Tex. – In a true display of sportsmanship, a high school student in Texas was given a shot at glory.
Coronado High School team manager Mitchell Marcus has a developmental disability. He has been a part of the team for three years, but in the last game of the regular season, the coach put him in the game.
Coronado was up by 14 points against Franklin when Marcus stepped onto the court. His teammates immediately passed him the ball so he could score, but he missed. In fact, he missed multiple times.
It was at the end of the game, right before the final buzzer when a player for Franklin chose to pass the ball to Mitchell.
The ending was fit for a Hollywood movie.
- Jeremy Mayfield's $1.3M mansion to be burned down
- 13 arrested in drug busts in Yadkin County, surrounding counties
- Man tricked into thinking he's been in 10-year coma
- Texas teen gets probation for deadly DWI collision with 'affluenza' defense
- $50M awarded over birth defect after test said baby would be OK