Act of sportsmanship gives Texas high schooler a shot at glory [Video]
EL PASO, Tex. – In a true display of sportsmanship, a high school student in Texas was given a shot at glory.
Coronado High School team manager Mitchell Marcus has a developmental disability. He has been a part of the team for three years, but in the last game of the regular season, the coach put him in the game.
Coronado was up by 14 points against Franklin when Marcus stepped onto the court. His teammates immediately passed him the ball so he could score, but he missed. In fact, he missed multiple times.
It was at the end of the game, right before the final buzzer when a player for Franklin chose to pass the ball to Mitchell.
The ending was fit for a Hollywood movie.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault