Act of sportsmanship gives Texas high schooler a shot at glory [Video]
EL PASO, Tex. – In a true display of sportsmanship, a high school student in Texas was given a shot at glory.
Coronado High School team manager Mitchell Marcus has a developmental disability. He has been a part of the team for three years, but in the last game of the regular season, the coach put him in the game.
Coronado was up by 14 points against Franklin when Marcus stepped onto the court. His teammates immediately passed him the ball so he could score, but he missed. In fact, he missed multiple times.
It was at the end of the game, right before the final buzzer when a player for Franklin chose to pass the ball to Mitchell.
The ending was fit for a Hollywood movie.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview