NC man injured in Daytona accident
Dan Germeroth, of Angier, was taken to the hospital after Saturday's accident. (WTVD)
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. — A Harnett County man was one of the spectators injured in Daytona during the last lap of the NASCAR Nationwide Series race Saturday.
WTVD reported that Angier resident Dan Germeroth was taken to the hospital after Saturday’s accident. At least 27 others were injured.
His wife Debra told ABC11 she had not even heard about the accident until Dan Germeroth called her to tell her he was hurt.
Dan Germeroth reportedly had to have 12 stitches in his head, but his wife said he is doing okay.
“He’s in good spirits,” she told WTVD. “I think he’s overwhelmed with everything that happened. You see these things every once in a while but you never expect to be a part of it.”
Dan Germeroth drove down to Daytona from Angier. Debra said now his son in Raleigh will have to drive to get him or his family in Florida will have to drive him back to North Carolina.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave