Zheng Cao dies
Mezzo-soprano Zheng Cao has died at age 46.
SFGate reported that the artist appeared regularly with the San Francisco Opera and on stages worldwide.
She died Thursday night at her home in San Francisco after a long battle with cancer.
“Her singing had a direct connection to the person she was, a person with lots of heart, humor and generosity of spirit,” said San Francisco Opera General Director David Gockley, according to SFGate.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting