NC teen charged in Henderson shooting
Corey Cheek Jr., 17
HENDERSON, N.C. — Police have charged a teenager with allegedly intimidating a witness to the killing of 17-year-old Ja’Quon Ty’ree Seward in Henderson Thursday afternoon.
WTVD reported that Corey Cheek Jr., 17, was arrested Friday. Bond was set at $10,000.
Seward’s alleged killer was already behind bars. Police arrested 20-year-old Daquan Ortiz Thursday and charged him with voluntary manslaughter and was being held without bond.
Authorities said Seward was shot near the intersection of David and Nicholas streets around 1:30 p.m. Thursday. He was pronounced dead after being taken to Maria Parham Medical Center.
Police said the investigation is still active and ongoing. Anyone with information can call CrimeStoppers at (252) 492-1925.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave