Hundreds attend polar plunge at Wet’n Wild Emerald Pointe
GREENSBORO, N.C. — It was cold and rainy in Greensboro, but that did not keep people away from the 13th Annual Polar Plunge at Wet’n Wild Emerald Pointe.
More than 200 people cheered on teams from across the Piedmont on Saturday.
The annual event hosted by the Guilford County Sheriff’s Office raises money for the Special Olympics.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview