Hundreds attend polar plunge at Wet’n Wild Emerald Pointe
GREENSBORO, N.C. — It was cold and rainy in Greensboro, but that did not keep people away from the 13th Annual Polar Plunge at Wet’n Wild Emerald Pointe.
More than 200 people cheered on teams from across the Piedmont on Saturday.
The annual event hosted by the Guilford County Sheriff’s Office raises money for the Special Olympics.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave