Pharmaceutical manufacturer creating 123 jobs in Guilford County
RALEIGH, N.C. — Gov. Pat McCrory on Friday announced a pharmaceutical manufacturer will create 123 jobs with an expansion of its Guilford County facility.
Qualicaps Inc., which makes gelatin capsules, plans to invest more than $26 million over the next three years at its facility in Whitsett.
The company already employs more than 150 workers at the facility, which serves as Qualicaps Group’s North American headquarters and manufacturing hub.
Salaries will vary by job function, but officials say the average annual payroll for the new jobs will be nearly $4.7 million. That equates to an average of about $38,211 per worker.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Silver Alert issued for woman missing from Winston-Salem
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k