Dangers of using space heaters
During cold winter nights, many people are plugging in electric space heaters.
One man’s space heater turned out to be deadly in Wilkes County on Wednesday night, when he had at least three heaters running in his home.
For those who are using space heaters, firefighters say you should make sure they have a labratory rating, and they are plugged directly into the wall and not running them off an extension cord.
If you are using a heater that uses any type of fuel, fill the heater outside, because even a small spill could fuel a fire that could quickly get out of control.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault