Woman, 104, lies about age on Facebook
A woman, 104, lied about her age on Facebook because of a bug on the social media website.
The woman, Marguerite Joseph, 104, can be forgiven for lying about her age on Facebook. According to WDIV, the 104-year-old Michigan woman’s granddaughter says Joseph is unable to list her real age on the social media site.
Gail Marlow says when she tries inputting her grandmother’s birth year as 1908, Facebook changes it to 1928. So for the past two years, she has remained 99-years-old.
She is legally blind and can’t hear well, but Marlow reads and responds to all of her Facebook messages.
Marlow tells she “would love to see” Joseph’s real age displayed on Facebook and chalks up her inability to do so to “a glitch in the system.”
Read more: WDIV
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'