Pedestrian hit, killed in crash near Trinity
TRINITY, N.C. — A 20-year-old Thomasville man died on Tuesday night after he was struck by a vehicle.
According to The Lexington Dispatch, Trooper Greg Seabolt said the accident happened on Auction Road near Mendenhall Auto Auction around 8:48 p.m. Tuesday.
The driver of a 1996 Plymouth van was traveling east on Auction Road when his vehicle struck a pedestrian, according to the paper. Troopers said the victim was walking east on Auction Road and was struck in the middle of the road.
Troopers identified the pedestrian as Lance Foster Hill Jr. of Arthur Drive. He died at the scene, according to the paper.
According to the paper, troopers said the man was wearing dark clothing at the time of the accident.
Seabolt told the paper the driver of the van was not impaired and was traveling below the speed limit.
No charges will be filed.
Source: The Lexington Dispatch
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.