Pedestrian hit, killed in crash near Trinity
TRINITY, N.C. — A 20-year-old Thomasville man died on Tuesday night after he was struck by a vehicle.
According to The Lexington Dispatch, Trooper Greg Seabolt said the accident happened on Auction Road near Mendenhall Auto Auction around 8:48 p.m. Tuesday.
The driver of a 1996 Plymouth van was traveling east on Auction Road when his vehicle struck a pedestrian, according to the paper. Troopers said the victim was walking east on Auction Road and was struck in the middle of the road.
Troopers identified the pedestrian as Lance Foster Hill Jr. of Arthur Drive. He died at the scene, according to the paper.
According to the paper, troopers said the man was wearing dark clothing at the time of the accident.
Seabolt told the paper the driver of the van was not impaired and was traveling below the speed limit.
No charges will be filed.
Source: The Lexington Dispatch
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave