High Point man faces another charge in crash that killed comedian
DURHAM, N.C. — A High Point man is reportedly facing a new charge in connection with a crash that killed a stand-up comedian.
WRAL reports Raul Herrera, 31, was charged Wednesday with felony death by motor vehicle.
Herrera already faced a charge of driving while impaired in connection with the crash, which resulted in the death of Brian Edward Kiley, 38, of Goodlettsville, Tenn.
The crash occurred shortly before 3:45 a.m. Sunday on Interstate 40 in Durham.
According to WRAL, Kiley had wrapped up a show in Catawba County and was on his way to Raleigh-Durham International Airport to board a flight to Tennessee.
The Raleigh News & Observer reports Herrera lost control of a Honda Civic and crashed into the Nissan Maxima Kiley was driving. Both vehicles reportedly went off the interstate and overturned.
Herrera was taken to the hospital to be treated for injuries that were not life-threatening, the paper reports.
No passengers were in either car.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- Kids react to a Walkman, make everyone feel old