Duke lacrosse accuser posts bond for murder charge
DURHAM, N.C. — A woman who falsely accused three Duke University lacrosse players of rape has posted bail for a murder charge she was jailed for more than a year ago.
WSOC reports 34-year-old Crystal Mangum was released from the Durham County Jail on Wednesday.
Mangum had been in jail under a $200,000 bond since April 2011, when she arrested in connection with the fatal stabbing of her boyfriend, Reginald Daye.
The suspect has claimed that she killed Daye in self-defense. She plans to represent herself in court.
In 2006, Mangum had claimed she was raped by three Duke lacrosse players after she was hired as a stripper at a party.
The three players were arrested, but later found to be innocent by the state attorney general.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home