Man shot in Burlington
BURLINGTON, N.C. — Police are searching for two suspects after a Burlington man was shot late Tuesday evening.
The shooting was reported just after 11:15 p.m. in the 600 block of Center Avenue.
When they arrived at the scene, police say they met with Brandon D. Starnes, 28, of Burlington, in the parking lot of the Tucker Street Apartments.
Starnes told officers he had been shot by an unknown suspect during a brief argument, police said.
The victim was taken to UNC Chapel Hill Hospital for treatment. He was listed in stable condition as of 2 a.m. Wednesday.
Police say they determined two men left the scene in a dark-colored vehicle after the shooting occurred, but their identities and involvement are not known.
No suspect description was available.
No other details were provided.
Anyone with further information is asked to call Burlington police at (336) 229-3500 or Crimestoppers at (336) 229-7100.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave