Kennel owner, daughter charged with faking dogs’ health certificates
SALISBURY, N.C. — A Rowan County kennel owner and his daughter have reportedly been charged with faking the health certificates of numerous dogs.
According to WBTV, The Right Puppy kennel off Old Union Church Road near Interstate 85 advertises Wolf Hybrids among other dogs, but Rowan County Sheriff Kevin Auten says customers aren’t getting what they’re paying for.
Sheriff Auten tells WBTV the suspects got a valid health certificate for one dog, then altered the certificate for other dogs.
One of the dogs with a fake certificate turned up sick a veterinarian’s office in Florida, WBTV reports.
WBTV reports arrest warrants have been issued for Kevin Settineri for nine counts of obtaining property by false pretense.
His daughter, Danielle Settineri, faces two counts of obtaining property by false pretenses in addition to three other counts that were brought against her two weeks ago, the station reports.
Read more: WBTV.com
- Jeremy Mayfield's $1.3M mansion to be burned down
- 13 arrested in drug busts in Yadkin County, surrounding counties
- Man tricked into thinking he's been in 10-year coma
- Texas teen gets probation for deadly DWI collision with 'affluenza' defense
- $50M awarded over birth defect after test said baby would be OK