Gun found at Surry County middle school
SURRY COUNTY, N.C. –A handgun was found on the campus of Gentry Middle School on Wednesday, according to Surry County authorities.
The gun was found in a student’s book bag after the principal received a tip, according to the Surry County Sheriff’s office.
Paige Badgett, Gentry Middle School principal, along with Surry County authorities, confiscated the handgun.
There was no threat to students or staff on campus.
The investigation is on going.
No other information was provided.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault