Gun found at Surry County middle school
SURRY COUNTY, N.C. –A handgun was found on the campus of Gentry Middle School on Wednesday, according to Surry County authorities.
The gun was found in a student’s book bag after the principal received a tip, according to the Surry County Sheriff’s office.
Paige Badgett, Gentry Middle School principal, along with Surry County authorities, confiscated the handgun.
There was no threat to students or staff on campus.
The investigation is on going.
No other information was provided.
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'