Former Journal carrier accused of stealing from newspaper’s vending machine
GALAX, Va. — Authorities said a former Winston-Salem Journal carrier is facing charges in Galax, Va., for stealing money from a Journal vending machine and other offenses.
The Winston-Salem Journal reported that Terry Wayne Hale, 49, of Mount Airy, is charged with grand larceny, tampering with a coin-operated vending machine and embezzlement, Galax police said.
Hale allegedly tampered with and stole from a vending machine and embezzled more than $300 from the Journal.
Another Journal carrier saw Hale open a Journal vending machine in Galax on Nov. 22, 2012, according to a police record.
A Surry County sheriff’s deputy arrested Hale in late December on a fugitive from justice warrant, Galax Police Capt. James Cox said.
Hale was released from custody after posting a $10,000 bond, Cox said. Hale is scheduled to appear in court Feb. 26 in Dobson.
Source: The Winston-Salem Journal.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child