Texas woman calls 911 to ask for cigarettes
Authorities in Texas say a 48-year-old woman was “very intoxicated” when she called 911 to have cigarettes delivered to her home, The Associated Press reports.
Instead of cigarettes, the woman received a visit from deputies who arrested her.
She was charged with a misdemeanor count of abuse of 911 and released from jail on $1,000 bond, according to the report.
The woman says she thought the prank would be amusing.
Read more at The Associated Press
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave