GREENSBORO, N.C. -- On Tuesday during the FOX8 Morning News, Julie Luther with PurEnergy Fitness Center in Greensboro is sharing ten tips for losing ten pounds by spring.
You can contact Julie by visiting her website, julieluther.com.
Here are her tips:
- Write down your goal with a specific date: i.e. "I will lose ten pounds by April 1." Read it before bed and first thing in the morning -- so leave it on your nightstand. Imagine yourself standing on the scale with ten pounds less showing on the dial and celebrate!
- Weigh yourself every day Monday through Friday and take the average weight before you start for your starting weight. Each week, do the same thing to see your true weight loss.
- Perform cardio a minimum of five days a week, expending between 300 and 500 calories each time.
- Men eat 100 grams of protein a day and women eat 80. Split it between breakfast, lunch and dinner. Protein keeps your blood sugar stabilized and feeds muscles the food they need to grow.
- Prepare all snacks on Sunday. Place in baggies for the week – protein and carbs together.
- Begin a weight training program with a professional personal trainer with at least five years of experience (get references.) Perform compound exercises to maximize your workout one or two days a week so you can spend most of your time performing cardio.
- Perform ab exercises five days a week for ten minutes each day. Make sure your form is perfect or you will get either no result or the wrong result.
- Turn in your food records to a professional each week to keep you accountable.
- Tell someone whom is very supportive of your goal what you are doing and use the phone as a lifeline when you lose motivation.
- Celebrate each pound you lose!