LA Lakers owner Jerry Buss dies
LOS ANGELES — Jerry Buss, longtime owner of the Los Angeles Lakers, has reportedly died.
Bob Steiner, Buss’ assistant, tells ESPN that Buss died at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles.
Buss was 79.
He’d been hospitalized for cancer, but died of kidney failure, Steiner told The Associated Press.
Under Buss’ ownership since 1979, the Lakers claimed 10 NBA championships and became the association’s most dominant franchise.
Read more: ESPN.com
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child