Former Duke basketball standout dies
RALEIGH, N.C. — Former Duke University basketball standout Phil Henderson has reportedly died.
CBS Sports writer Seth Davis broke the news late Sunday evening on Twitter, writing that the 44-year-old died in the Philippines.
WRAL Sports reports Henderson was working in the country as the director of the Filipino Basketball Academy.
Henderson was a guard for the Blue Devils from 1986 to 1990. He started in three Final Fours.
The details about his death were not clear.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants