High Point man charged in fatal wreck in Durham
DURHAM, N.C. — A High Point man has been charged after a two-vehicle wreck that left one person dead Sunday morning on I-40 near N.C. 54 in Durham.
The News & Observer reported that Raul Herrera, 31, of High Point, swerved his Honda Civic into a Nissan Maxima around 3:40 a.m.
The paper reported that both eastbound vehicles were totaled after going off the interstate and overturning.
Authorities said the Maxima’s driver died at the scene. Officials said additional information about the victim will be withheld until the driver’s relatives are notified.
Herrera was reportedly taken to the hospital for non-life-threatening injuries and later charged with driving while impaired. No passengers were reported in either car.
Read more: The News & Observer.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave