Police: 1 dead, 3 injured at shooting in Winston-Salem
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Authorities say one person is dead and three others injured after a shooting at a nightclub early Saturday morning in Winston-Salem.
Officials say the incident was reported at the Nitty Gritty Restaurant/Night Club at 3003 S. Main St. around 1:47 a.m.
Police said they responded to a call reporting shots fired and found one person shot outside the club and two shot inside.
Officials said they later found a fourth victim inside the business who was taken to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center and later pronounced dead. The deceased has been identified as 24-year-old Kenneth Ravon Braddy Jr., of Winston-Salem.
Authorities said Cortez Lenard Smith, 20, is listed as being in stable condition, Carmen Lanelle Simmons, 23, is in critical condition and Barry Bevionta Richardson, 20, is in serious condition.
Officials said they are all being treated at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center. All three of the identified victims are listed as Winston-Salem residents.
Police say South Main Street is currently blocked as part of the investigation and may remain so an undisclosed amount of time.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with any information can call the Winston Salem Police Department at 773-7700 or Crime Stoppers at 727-2800.Submit Your Photo
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting