Hairston paces UNC to 93-81 win over Virginia
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. — UNC beat Virginia in a 93-81 victory Saturday at the Smith Center in Chapel Hill.
The News & Observer reported that P.J. Hairston scored a career-high 29 points in his second straight start. Freshman Marcus Paige also added 17 for the Tar Heels.
North Carolina shot 49.2 percent and hit 13 3-pointers for its best total in a league game.
The Tar Heels had lost by 26 points at third-ranked Miami and by five to the No. 2 Blue Devils in the past week.
More: The News & Observer.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview