Hairston paces UNC to 93-81 win over Virginia
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. — UNC beat Virginia in a 93-81 victory Saturday at the Smith Center in Chapel Hill.
The News & Observer reported that P.J. Hairston scored a career-high 29 points in his second straight start. Freshman Marcus Paige also added 17 for the Tar Heels.
North Carolina shot 49.2 percent and hit 13 3-pointers for its best total in a league game.
The Tar Heels had lost by 26 points at third-ranked Miami and by five to the No. 2 Blue Devils in the past week.
More: The News & Observer.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave