Duke loses to Maryland 83-81
COLLEGE PARK, Md. — Maryland stunned No. 2 Duke in a 83-81 victory Saturday night to end a six-game skid against its bitter rival.
The Associated Press reported that Seth Allen broke a tie by making two free throws with 2.8 seconds left.
Thousands of fans charged onto the court as the final horn sounded to celebrate the Terrapins’ most significant victory of the season.
Alex Len had 19 points and nine rebounds for Maryland, and Allen scored 16.
Read full story: The Associated Press.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home