Girl Scout Cookie dessert recipe contest
What could be tastier than Girl Scout cookies? The answer: a dessert made with Girl Scout cookies!
Girl Scouts Carolinas Peaks to Piedmont (GSCP2P) is holding a Cookie Dessert Recipe contest. Three winners will be chosen by a panel of community judges. Judges will evaluate the desserts based on taste, texture, presentation and creative use of the cookie. The first place winner will be selected based on an overall score.
“Anyone can enter the competition, so long as they incorporate a Girl Scout cookie into their recipe,” said Marcia Cole, chief executive officer of GSCP2P.
Ribbons and a one year’s supply (52 boxes) of Girl Scout cookies will be awarded to the first, second and third place winners. In addition, the three winning recipes will be showcased in local newspapers.
Contest rules are as follows:
• Recipes must be a dessert and include at least one of the eight Girl Scout cookie varieties (Thin Mints, Peanut Butter Patties, Caramel deLites, Peanut Butter Sandwiches, Thanks-A-Lots, Lemonades, Shortbreads and the newly introduced cookie, Mango Crèmes)
• Recipe must be typed, not handwritten, and must list all ingredients, amounts, serving size and cooking instructions. (If duplicate recipes are submitted, the first one received will be selected; all entries will be time and date stamped.) Entry form and typed recipe must be submitted by 3 p.m. on February 18 to Sarah
• Robinson via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: GSCP2P, Hickory Service Center –Attn. Sarah Robinson – 540 4th St. SW – Hickory, NC 28602
• The top 15 participants who are selected to compete in the Taste Test will be notified by February 21; the Taste Test is scheduled for noon on February 28 at the Girl Scout Learning Center, Colfax
• Individuals whose recipes are selected for the Taste Test must be able to travel to Colfax to deliver his/her dessert for the competition.
• Recipes and photos become the property of GSCP2P and may be reproduced, shared and distributed in publications, websites or promotions on social media sites.
More details and an entry form can be found on the GSCP2P website, www.girlscoutsp2p.org under the Cookie Resources for Volunteers page. Questions about the contest can be directed to email@example.com.
The cookie dessert recipe contest is being hosted in conjunction with the 2013 Girl Scout Cookie Program, which runs February 9-March 11.