Another Montgomery Co. coach accused of having sex with student
MONTGOMERY COUNTY, N.C. — A Montgomery County coach was arrested Friday and charged with taking indecent liberties with a student, the second coach charged in Montgomery County this week.
James Knight, 23, is being held in the Montgomery County Jail on charges he had sex with the same 16-year-old student accused of having a sexual relationship with a former West Montgomery High School football coach.
In that case, an arrest warrant was issued Thursday for Zach Carr, a former West Montgomery High football coach, after deputies said he allegedly had sex with the 16-year-old student in a storage closet on campus.
James Knight is an assistant school wrestling coach at West Montgomery Middle School, officials confirmed. Deputies said the sexual relationship consisted of “multiple incidences” at the student’s home during December of last year.
Investigators said they believe the victim’s mother knew about the first sexual relationship. It remains unclear if she knew about the second one.
No other information is available at this time.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k