80 dogs rescued from alleged dog fighting ring in Pasquotank County
Pasquotank Co., NC –80 dogs have been rescued from an apparent dog fighting ring in Pasquotank County, according to WTKR.
Two men were being investigated for drug charges, when authorities found “significant evidence” linking the men to a large dog fighting operation.
According to the report, investigators rescued 45 dogs from three locations in Elizabeth City and Camden, and another 35 dogs were rescued from Perquimans and Pasquotank counties.
Investigators also found scales and weights, along with other equipment used to train dogs to fight.
Authorities believe many of the dogs were being taken out of the state to larger cities for high paying dog fights.
Read more at WTKR
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home