80 dogs rescued from alleged dog fighting ring in Pasquotank County
Pasquotank Co., NC –80 dogs have been rescued from an apparent dog fighting ring in Pasquotank County, according to WTKR.
Two men were being investigated for drug charges, when authorities found “significant evidence” linking the men to a large dog fighting operation.
According to the report, investigators rescued 45 dogs from three locations in Elizabeth City and Camden, and another 35 dogs were rescued from Perquimans and Pasquotank counties.
Investigators also found scales and weights, along with other equipment used to train dogs to fight.
Authorities believe many of the dogs were being taken out of the state to larger cities for high paying dog fights.
Read more at WTKR
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train