NC teen sentenced to 12 to 15 years in prison for shooting classmate
CUMBERLAND COUNTY, N.C. — A 17-year-old will reportedly spend the next 12 to 15 years in prison for shooting a classmate at a North Carolina high school.
WSOC reports Charles Underwood admitted Wednesday to the 2011 shooting at Cape Fear High School, in which Caitlyn Abercrombie was seriously injured.
According to WSOC, Underwood was targeting another student over a fight when Abercrombie was shot in the neck.
WSOC reports Underwood apologized to the victim in court, saying he prays she can someday forgive him.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home