IRS website overwhelmed with refund requests
The IRS is urging taxpayers eager to learn the status of their tax refund, to only check their website once a day, according to reports.
The IRS says its “Where’s My Refund?” website and smartphone app are being overrun with taxpayers checking on the status of their returns.
The agency’s systems are only updated once a day, and the same information is available on the website, smartphone app and toll-free phone line, the agency says.
To avoid delays, the agency says the best time to check on refunds is evenings and weekends.
Complaints about the system being down have been steady since tax season started on January 30.
The Associated Press contributed to this report
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault