Charges filed against man who hit, killed 11-year-old at bus stop
KERNERSVILLE, N.C. — Charges have been filed against a man who hit and killed an 11-year-old boy at a bus stop in December.
Billy Roger Bailey from Kernersville has been charged with Class H felony for passing a stopped school bus, causing death.
Hasani Wesley, 11, was struck by a Jeep on Dec. 19 at the intersection of Shaddowfax Drive and Old Hollow Road.
Troopers said the bus stop arm was deployed at the time of the accident.
He died as a result of his injuries.
Bailey is placed under a $50,000 bond and his next court date is scheduled for March 14th at 9 a.m.
He could face up to 25 months in jail.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it