Charges filed against man who hit, killed 11-year-old at bus stop
KERNERSVILLE, N.C. — Charges have been filed against a man who hit and killed an 11-year-old boy at a bus stop in December.
Billy Roger Bailey from Kernersville has been charged with Class H felony for passing a stopped school bus, causing death.
Hasani Wesley, 11, was struck by a Jeep on Dec. 19 at the intersection of Shaddowfax Drive and Old Hollow Road.
Troopers said the bus stop arm was deployed at the time of the accident.
He died as a result of his injuries.
Bailey is placed under a $50,000 bond and his next court date is scheduled for March 14th at 9 a.m.
He could face up to 25 months in jail.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- The Ultimate Warrior's cause of death revealed in autopsy