U.S. Xpress lays off 40 Lexington employees
LEXINGTON, N.C. –40 people were laid off on Thursday when U.S. Xpress closed its Lexington facility, according to The-Dispatch.
The employees who were laid off included maintenance, operational and logistics positions, according to the report.
The Lexington location was a maintenance and secured drop-yard facility for cross-country shipments.
Read more at The-Dispatch
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault