Pregnant Texas teen sues parents over forced abortion
A pregnant Texas teen is suing her parents to stop them from forcing her to have an abortion, Fox News reports.
The 16-year-old claims in a lawsuit that her parents are forcing her to abort her 9-week-old fetus through verbal and physical threats.
A Texas judge issued a temporary restraining order to prevent the abortion while the case is ongoing, according to the report.
The lawsuit also claims the girl’s parents kept her home from school, took her phone and car and that she, the father of her child and the child’s paternal grandmother have been harassed by her father.
The teen’s mother also suggested she was going to “slip her the abortion pill”, according to the lawsuit.
Read more at Fox News
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home