Police release the name of woman killed in Davidson Co. accident
DAVIDSON COUNTY, N.C. — An elderly woman died on Wednesday after her car struck a fence, crashed down an embankment and overturned in a creek.
Troopers said they received a call around 10:21 a.m. in reference to an accident. However, officers believe the accident happened around 9:30 a.m.
Authorities said 78-year-old Justina Teague Temple of Lexington was driving her 2003 Chevy Impala on Hampton Rd. near the Muddy Creek Bridge when she crossed left of center and her car struck a fence, crashed down an embankment and overturned in the creek.
The woman was pronounced dead at the scene.
There were no passengers inside the car and no other vehicles involved.
Beck said he does not know why the driver crossed left of center.
No other information was provided.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants