Police release the name of woman killed in Davidson Co. accident
DAVIDSON COUNTY, N.C. — An elderly woman died on Wednesday after her car struck a fence, crashed down an embankment and overturned in a creek.
Troopers said they received a call around 10:21 a.m. in reference to an accident. However, officers believe the accident happened around 9:30 a.m.
Authorities said 78-year-old Justina Teague Temple of Lexington was driving her 2003 Chevy Impala on Hampton Rd. near the Muddy Creek Bridge when she crossed left of center and her car struck a fence, crashed down an embankment and overturned in the creek.
The woman was pronounced dead at the scene.
There were no passengers inside the car and no other vehicles involved.
Beck said he does not know why the driver crossed left of center.
No other information was provided.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting