Duke mascot head stolen, placed above UNC campus store [Photo]
Credit: Mark Snyder
The Duke mascot head was apparently stolen and placed above the UNC campus store.
The head was quickly taken down, but not before pictures began circulating on social media sites. A photo was taken by Mark Snyder earlier Wednesday that shows the Duke mascot head on a stick.
Derek Rowles, an executive producer for ABC 11 in Raleigh, said Chapel Hill Police have taken possession of the Duke mascot head. It was removed from the bookstore around 3:40 p.m. Wednesday.
The mascot head will be returned to Duke.
Nestor León, Jr. (@NesJr19) February 13, 2013
Kyle McKay (@KyleMcKayNC) February 13, 2013
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault