Does this photo show person wearing the ‘stolen’ Duke mascot head?
Does this photo show someone wearing the “stolen” Duke mascot head? The Instagram user posted the photo with the caption:
“Shout out to my brother and his friends for stealing the Duke mascot head and mounting it on a stake.”
Editor’s note: The photo has since been deleted.
The Duke mascot head was apparently stolen and placed above the UNC campus store.
The head was quickly taken down, but not before pictures began circulating on social media sites. A photo was taken by Mark Snyder earlier Wednesday that shows the Duke mascot head on a stick.
Derek Rowles, an executive producer for ABC 11 in Raleigh, said Chapel Hill Police have taken possession of the Duke mascot head. It was removed from the bookstore around 3:40 p.m. Wednesday.
The mascot head will be returned to Duke.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview