Police say NC man dumped puppies, left them to die
MONROE, N.C. — Police in Monroe are searching for a man accused of dumping at least two puppies and leaving them to die over the weekend.
WSOC reported that officers said the suspect was spotted driving a black SUV, possibly a Jeep, and tossing the puppies near busy streets.
“One witness said the driver slowed down, threw the puppy out, and took off, and the puppy was chasing the vehicle down the road,” said Capt. Beth Greene with Monroe Police, according to WSOC.
Officers said they rescued the two puppies, named Jetson and Rookie, and managed to get both adopted through local rescue groups.
Julia Burnside adopted one of the pups and said she was excited to help in the rescue and show the puppy love and affection.
“I consider it very cruel for any animal to be discarded like that…I don’t understand the behavior, I really don’t,” Burnside said, according to WSOC.
Read more: WSOC.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home