McMichael High School principal recovering after crash
McMichael principal Leigh Jones has already been named Rockingham County Principal of the Year, and today her recognition got even bigger as she was named Piedmont Triad Central Regional Principal of the Year.
Jones was hurt in a head on collision last month that shattered her right ankle, broke her tibia and fibula in her right leg, broke her right knee cap and her right arm.
Now, she endures four hours of physical therapy trying to work on transferring her weight from her wheelchair to her legs.
She isn’t able to walk yet, but that’s not keeping her down.
“Hey, I’m alive. I’m happy to be here. Injuries can heal. I’m a lucky person to come out of that,” she says.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault