Furniture manufacturer announces Mount Airy facility, up to 50 jobs
MOUNT AIRY, N.C. — The North Carolina-based Shenandoah Furniture Co. has announced it will open a new facility in Mount Airy, resulting in the creation of between 20 and 50 new jobs.
The upholstered furniture manufacturer made the announcement Friday.
According to Triad Business Journal, the closure of the Henredon Furniture plant in January may have opened the doors for Shenandoah. Surry County Economic Development Partnership President Todd Tucker says the company “hopes to take advantage of the recent influx of skilled upholsterers,” the paper reports.
The Business Journal reports Shenandoah is looking at the 61,000-square-foot Asmo and 36,000-square-foot Starret properties as potential locations for the facility. Both locations are in the Westwood Industrial Business Park on N.C. 52 North.
Read more: BizJournals.com
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home