Surry County man arrested on drug charges
George Edward Ashley, 64, of Surry County
SURRY COUNTY, N.C. — A State Road man was arrested after allegedly selling his prescription pain medication, according to Surry County law enforcement.
The Mount Airy News reported that 64-year-old George Edward Ashley was arrested Friday in an ongoing investigation into the sale of prescription drugs in the State Road, Elkin and Mount Park areas of the county.
“He is charged with four counts of trafficking opioids, which is the term for a class of synthetic narcotics,” said Surry County Sheriff Graham Atkinson, according to the paper. “It was a schedule II substance, Roxicodone, which was his own prescription.”
The suspect was also reportedly charged with maintaining a drug vehicle. Officials said he was also discovered to have a handgun in his vehicle during the arrest.
Read more: The Mount Airy News.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k