Charlotte man could face death penalty for murder of infant son
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — A Charlotte man, accused of beating his 23-month-old son to death in 2008, may be facing a possible death sentence when he goes on trial for murder this week, The Charlotte Observer reports.
The man is charged with first-degree murder after he allegedly beat his son in a Charlotte motel where he was living at the time, according to the report.
The medical examiner in the case concluded that “abusive beating” and multiple blunt-force trauma with injuries to the head and body were the probable causes of death.
Read more at The Charlotte Observer
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it