Elon student robbed at gunpoint while walking home
ELON, N.C. – Elon police are still searching for three men accused of robbing an Elon University student walking home at gunpoint on Friday.
The Elon junior, who chose to remain anonymous, said he was approached by three hooded men near West Trollinger Avenue around 2:30 a.m.
The gunmen allegedly stole the student’s iPhone and wallet. Police said one robber was later caught on surveillance video using the stolen credit card at the Kangaroo Express on Huffman Mill Road.
The student said he did not want to fight back.
“I was like ‘literally this is not worth it,’” he said. “I have $1.50 and my debit card and the most cracked iPhone you’ve ever seen.”
Students were sent a security notice email from the vice president of student affairs warning students of the incident.
Anyone with information on the three suspects can call Elon police.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child