Miami crushes Tar Heels in 87-61 victory
CORAL GABLES, Fla. — North Carolina lost to No. 8 the Miami Hurricanes by 87-61 Saturday afternoon in Coral Gables, Fla.
The Charlotte Observer reported that the Hurricanes made a school record-tying 15 3-pointers and extended their winning streak to 11 games.
The Tar Heels started poorly and were dominated inside. Tar Heels coach Roy Williams said Miami is unbeaten in the Atlantic Coast Conference for a reason.
“Everybody from North Carolina always thinks it’s just about North Carolina,” he said. “It’s not. Miami is pretty dadgum good.”
Read more: The Charlotte Observer.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault